Sunday, August 30, 2009

First Contact



What an exciting week in the world of our baby. On Tuesday, I felt The Kid move for the first time! Amazing. Exhilarating. It's not like I didn't already know The Kid was in there, I've seen the pictures. And Tami's been able to feel him move around for a couple of weeks. But just to feel him move through Tami's belly, with my own hand, was AWESOME! I am looking forward to when The Kid's movements are more pronounced and easily felt from my side of the womb. For now, I am as happy as can be that The Kid said hello to me. This first contact feels grand. I know so little about The Kid, that this little movement constitutes a large percentage of my assessment of who he is and what he's like. Silly, but my mental picture of the kid right now is the little push against my hand, a little dance he did for the ultrasound when Tami giggled, and the beat of his heart heard through an ultrasound.

I wonder what he'll be like when he gets out. I can hardly wait to meet him in the open air.