Saturday, April 24, 2010

2 am Diaper Change

This morning at 2 am Enzo was making a bit of noise and I went to change his diaper.  I kept the lights low, took off the old, and placed the dry cotton under him.  Then it got funny.  His eyes were still closed and he was playing around with his legs.  Super cute. One of his hands grabbed my arm as I was trying to wrap his diaper around him.  His other hand grabbed at his feet (he has recently discovered his feet and likes to hold them- super adorable and fun to watch) and he pulled his legs all the way up making it impossible to finish with the diaper.  I could only chuckle.  I gently moved his legs down and thought I had a chance to finish with one hand... I didn't dare move the arm he was holding because that just felt too good.  Of course, his legs sprang back up.  This happened a few times and in my sleepiness all I could do was chuckle.

And then, Enzo's eyes just opened up... he looked at me for one second and then just smiled the widest happiest morning smile I have ever seen!  I love this kid.  I finished with his diaper in seconds, picked him up and let him snuggle up in my arms.  It was too early to talk but still I went and told Tami.  She said, in her own half sleep, "He woke up and smiled when he saw you... he was happy to see you."  Yes!  What a great day already.  How perfect this is and it is not even 8 am now as I get ready to cover myself in gear and go for a motorcycle ride with friends.  Today is one of those days I will smile in my helmet the whole morning even if I find every mountain rode had been straightened in the night.

Happy Saturday to Me.