Saturday, March 12, 2011

Mel

Melissa was buried a week ago on Friday, one week after her death.  The advantage of being young and well loved when you leave is that you 
leave your loved ones with so many people to console themselves with.  So many people to help each other accept your being gone.  So many people to share stories in a packed church and outside.  So many people to help each other marvel at how much life you packed into 33 years and to be ok, though sad, that you had to leave.

Mel was an impressive human who lived a full experience and I accept this.

*Updated- I spent a long while at home Saturday night crying and talking with Tami.  I think it's safe to say that a bit of the funk I was in when I wrote this and the previous blog posts was me dealing with these feelings of loss in my life.  I feel better, though worn out, having gone through the grieving.  My eyes burn even the next day.  I'm drained.  I'm in a better mood.  I'm dealing with loss and accepting the grief.