Friday, July 18, 2014

Final Post

This is the final post of this blog. I plan to keep loving this family of mine, riding motorcycles, appreciating friends, and contemplating this life experience that is mine.

I look forward to years of watching and thinking about what I see. I look forward to learning more about what makes a marriage work, a life interesting, a human a human. I look forward to watching my beautiful son and daughter grow and learn and discover and ask. I look forward to seeing what they do with their minds, athletic skills, bravery, and contemplativeness. I look forward to their hugs and kisses. I look forward to spending time and sharing meals with family and friends and appreciating their hugs and kisses, too. I look forward to being, to riding, to walking, to what more life has for me.

A few months ago Tami overheard a song called Life is Better With You by Michael Franti. She bought the song and it has become a favorite in our household. I told Tami that if we were to get married today that this would be our song. She smiled and told me she had thought the same thing.